Pineapple Apricot Glazed Turkey Breast
This is a glaze that can be used when baking a turkey breast during the holiday season.
Calories per serving
- 1-1/2 cups DOLE® Pineapple Juice
- 1/4 cup apricot jam
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons less sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 2 garlic clove(s), chopped
- 3 lb. turkey breast
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine pineapple juice, apricot jam, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger and garlic in saucepan. Heat to boiling; reduce heat and simmer 12 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until slightly thickened. Set aside.
- Place turkey breast, skin side up, in roasting pan. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Place in oven and reduce temperature to 325°. Roast 35 minutes.
- Spoon one-half juice mixture over turkey. Continue to roast 20 minutes. Pour remaining juice mixture over turkey and roast 20 minutes more or until meat thermometer place in thickest part of breast reads 160 F., basting occasionally with pan juices.
- Remove turkey from oven. Lightly cover with aluminum foil and let rest 15 minutes before carving.