Pineapple and Sweet Corn Tamale Casserole
Sweet and savory casserole
Calories per serving
- 1-1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (23.5 oz.) DOLE® Pineapple Chunks
- 3 cups (24 oz.) DAISY® Cottage Cheese
- 4 DOLE Green Onions, chopped
- 5 egg white (optional)
- 1 can (28 oz.) Prepared Chile Verde Sauce
- optional shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 8x12 inch glass dish with non-stick cooking spray. Drain pineapple; chop pineapple and set aside.
- Combine cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Mix in cottage cheese, pineapple and green onions.
- Beat egg whites in an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Gently fold whites into cottage cheese mixture. Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until firm. In a small sauce pan, heat up chile verde sauce until just boiling. Remove from heat. Cut casserole into squares and ladle sauce on top and sprinkle with cheese, to serve.