Pineapple and Snap Pea Stir Fry
This Asian-style dish is full of vegetables and flavor.
Calories per serving
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE® Pineapple Chunks
- 2 tablespoons KIKKOMAN® Stir Fry Sauce
- 2 tablespoons KIKKOMAN Less Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon KIKKOMAN Rice Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- 2 cups MINUTE® White or Brown Rice, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 large (about 1 tablespoon) garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups thinly shredded cabbage
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 cup sugar-snap peas, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Drain pineapple chunks; reserve juice. Combine 1/2 cup juice with stir fry sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, cornstarch and red pepper flakes in small bowl; set aside.
- Combine remaining juice with water to equal 1-3/4 or 2 cups. Prepare rice according to package directions using juice mixture.
- Heat oil in large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add garlic, cabbage, and carrots cooking 3 to 5 minutes, or until cabbage is wilted. Add pineapple chunks and snap peas, cook 1 to 2 minutes longer, or until snap peas are tender crisp. Add stir fry sauce mixture and continue to cook just until boiling. Stir green onions and cilantro into prepared rice. Add rice mixture to pan and stir to combine.