Calories per serving
- 5 egg(s)
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE® Crushed Pineapple, drained, reserve juice
- 3/4 cup, plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/3 cups almond meal
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (8 oz.) DOLE Crushed Pineapple
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 9 to 10-inch springform pan with cooking spray and line bottom with parchment or wax paper.
- Combine eggs, 1/4 cup reserved pineapple juice, sugar, and almond extract in large bowl. Mix with hand mixer for two minutes.
- Stir baking powder, almond meal, and salt in a separate bowl with a whisk. Combine dry ingredients into bowl with wet ingredients. Stir in drained pineapple and mix well.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool cake completely on a wire rack.
- Combine undrained pineapple, sugar, cornstarch, and orange liqueur in medium saucepan. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally until sauce thickens.
- Remove springform ring and spread topping on top of cake. Garnish with sliced almonds, if desired.