Pine Apple Pie
Calories per serving
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE® Pineapple Chunks, drained
- 2 large tart apples, peeled, cored, sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 tbsp. margarine
- Combine drained pineapple, apples, 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon peel and 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- Combine sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir into fruit until well mixed.
- Turn into pastry shell. Dot with margarine. Cut remaining pastry into 1-inch wide strips for lattice top. Weave strips crisscross over pie to make lattice top. Pinch edges.
- Bake at 450 F., 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 F; bake 50 minutes longer.