Pina Colada Creme Caramel with Pineapple Spiked Chantilly Cream
Savory mix of sweet and fruity
Calories per serving
- 1 can (20 oz.) reserve liquid DOLE® Pineapple Slices
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup plus 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 large egg white (optional)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut rum (optional)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Combine pineapple juice, water and 1/3 cup sugar in small sauce pan. Cook over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves. Stir frequently and cook until golden. Immediately pour into 6 (6 oz.) ramekins or custard cups, coated with non-stick cooking spray. Add 1 pineapple slice to bottom of each ramekin.
- Whisk eggs, 1/2 cup sugar, coconut milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, rum and salt in large bowl. Divide egg mixture evenly in prepared ramekins. Place ramekins in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan; add hot water to a depth of 1 inch. Bake at 325ºF., for 50 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Remove ramekins from pan; cover and chill for 4 hours.
- Whisk cream, 2 tablespoons of reserved pineapple juice, and remaining vanilla extract in large bowl until soft peaks form.
- Remove custard onto plate by loosening the edges with a knife. Place dessert plate on top of each ramekin and invert onto plate. Garnish with Chantilly cream.