Delicious, nutritious ice cream sundae. Perfect way to beat the summer heat.
Calories per serving
- 1 can (20 oz) DOLE® Pineapple Chunks, drained
- 1/2 cup juice reserved
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice or cinnamon
- 20 10 inch bamboo skewers
- 20 DOLE Strawberries, hulled
- 3 DOLE Bananas, cut into 20, (1-inch) slices
- 2 DOLE Mangos or Papaya, cut in 20, (2-inch) pieces
- 1-1/2 pints vanilla ice cream
- Heat outdoor grill to medium.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan, stir together pineapple juice, orange juice, lemon juice, honey, cornstarch and allspice. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring, until thickened. Remove from heat; let cool.
- While sauce cools, prepare skewers. Using 2 bamboo skewers for each, thread fruit on skewers, beginning and ending with strawberries, using 2 strawberries, 4 pineapple chunks, 2 pieces banana and 2 pieces mango for each. Brush fruits generously with sauce.
- Grill, basting 2 or 3 times with sauce and turning once, 8 to 10 minutes until fruit is heated and lightly golden in parts. Remove from grill.
- To serve: Scoop ice cream into bowls and slide some of the grilled fruit on each. Drizzle with any remaining sauce and serve immediately.