North African Rice Dates and Olives
North African Rice Dates and Olives created by Dole Blogger Ambassador Ally Philips.
Calories per serving
- 1 cup Jasmine rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup green olives, halved
- 1/4 cup dried mango, cut into 1" pieces
- 1/4 cup DOLE® Chopped Dates
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- Prepare rice according to package directions using chicken broth. Once the rice is done, remove from the heat, and fluff with a fork. Add the olives, mango, dates, pine nuts and blend. Cover with a lid and let this stand 10 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, allspice and salt and blend well with a fork. Cover and let stand another 10 minutes.TIP: Rice can be reheated over very low heat or in a microwave.