Moroccan Raisin n Date Flatbreads
This combines raisins and dates in with spices to make a wonderful appetizer.
Calories per serving
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garam masala seasoning
- 4-6 Middle Eastern-style round flatbread or pita bread
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 3/4 cup DOLE Chopped Dates
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 cup DOLE® Golden Raisins
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup dry-roasted almonds
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- to taste Kosher salt and pepper
- Preheat gas grill with lid down top medium-high heat
- Combine cumin, garam masala and red pepper in medium sauce pan; cook on grill, stirring frequently for 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle each with chopped dates
- Return to grill and cook with lid down, 4 to 5 minutes longer.
- Remove to cutting board. Sprinkle with chopped mint. Cut each flatbread into wedges. Garnish with additional raisins, dates and parsley sprigs, if desired.
- Add raisins, water and 2 garlic cloves; bring to boil, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from grill; cool slightly.
- Pour raisin mixture into bowl of food processor
- Add remaining 2 garlic cloves, almonds, olive oil and lemon juice
- Cover; process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat flatbread on grill 3 to 4 minutes
- Remove from grill and place on large cutting board, turning each over
- Spread heated sides of flatbread evenly with raisin mixture.