Mixed Fruit Waffles
Waffles topped with mixed fruit.
Calories per serving
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 cup frozen DOLE® Mixed Fruit, thawed, juice reserved
- 1-1/2 tsp. grated orange peel
- frozen waffles
- sliced toasted almonds
- whipped topping
- Combine brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon in non-stick skillet. Cook over medium-low heat, about 2 minutes to melt butter and sugar. Add mixed fruit with juice and orange peel; heat until liquid begins to boil. Remove pan from heat.
- Prepare waffles according to package directions. Spoon heaping tablespoon of fruit mixture onto waffles. Place on small plate; top with drizzle of sauce, few almonds, and whipped topping.