Mixed Berry Pie Pastries
Easy and tasty mixed berry hand pies.
Calories per serving
- 1 box (17.3 oz.) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 3 containers (6 oz. each) DOLE® Blackberries
- 7 tablespoons + more for garnish sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 egg(s), beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Combine blackberries, sugar, flour, lemon juice and cinnamon in mixing bowl. Toss well to coat berries thoroughly.
- Roll one sheet of puff pastry on a floured surface to a 12x12-inch square. Cut into 6 equal rectangles. Repeat with second sheet of pastry. With a small sharp knife, make 3 to 4 slashes on one side of each pastry square. Place 2 tablespoons of filling on the other side. Moisten the edges of the pastry with water and fold slashed side of pastry over the filling. Press edges with fork to seal. Repeat with remaining pastry and filling. Gently brush each pastry with egg wash. Sprinkle with additional sugar, if desired. Place on baking sheets.
- Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Cool on wire racks.