Mixed Berry Cobbler
Mixed Berries are topped with an oat topping, great to serve with a scoop of frozen yogurt or ice cream
Calories per serving
- 3 pouches (8 oz.) frozen DOLE® Mixed Berries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup milk
- Drain berries; reserve 1/4 cup juice.
- Combine berries and lemon juice; set aside. In medium saucepan, combine brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg; stir in berry juice. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; gently boil 2 minutes. Add berries.
- Pour into 8-inch square baking dish, sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine flour, oats, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder and salt in small bowl, for topping; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in enough milk to moisten. Drop by tablespoonfuls over berries. Bake at 450ºF., 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- NOTE: 2 packages (12 oz. each) may also be used.