Mixed Berry and White Chocolate Mousse Pie
A decadent pie that combines white chocolate with sweet tart mixed berries.
Calories per serving
- 4 cups frozen DOLE® Mixed Berries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 (from 12 oz. pkg.) PILLSBURY™ Pet•Ritz™ frozen deep dish pie crust
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup white vanilla baking chips
- Heat oven to 400°F. Place cookie sheet on oven rack.
- Toss mixed berries, sugar, and cornstarch in medium bowl until well mixed. Spoon evenly into frozen pie crust.
- Bake on cookie sheet 40 to 45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and crust edges are golden brown. Cover crust edges with strips of foil last 20 minutes to prevent overbrowning. Cool completely, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Add cold water to a small bowl; sprinkle with gelatin. Let stand 10 minutes or until gelatin softens.
- Heat 1/4 cup of the whipping cream in a 1-quart saucepan over medium heat until hot. Reduce heat to medium-low; add gelatin and baking chips. Cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring constantly, until smooth and chips are melted. Remove from heat. Cool 25 minutes.
- Beat remaining 3/4 cup whipping cream with electric mixer on high speed in a medium bowl until stiff peaks form. Carefully fold cooled gelatin mixture into whipped cream until well blended. Spoon and spread evenly onto cooled pie. Refrigerate about 1 hour or until topping is set.
- NOTE: It’s important to cool the gelatin mixture before adding to the whipped cream to prevent the cream from melting.