Mezcal Chipotle Shrimp and Pineapple Tacos
Smoky shrimp tacos sweetened with pineapple.
Calories per serving
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-1/2 cups frozen DOLE® Tropical Gold® Pineapple Chunks
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- onion salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons mezcal
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, sliced
- 3 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- juice of 1/2 lime
- corn tortillas
- 1-1/2 cups shredded red cabbage
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high. Add shrimp, pineapple, garlic, and chipotle. Season with salt and pepper. Sautee until shrimp is almost cooked through, about 2-3 minutes. Remove pan from heat and add mezcal. Return pan to heat and continue to cook an additional 3 minutes until mezcal is reduced. Note: Mezcal will flame.
- Combine avocado, yogurt, and lime juice in a bowl and mash with a fork. Mix well. Season with onion salt and pepper to taste.
- Top warm tortillas with cabbage, shrimp, pineapple, and a dollop of avocado cream.
- NOTE: Chicken may be substituted for shrimp, and tequila may be substituted for mezcal.