Maui Pineapple Buttermilk Bread Pudding with Warm Caramel Pecan Sauce
A decadent pineapple and caramel bread pudding.
Calories per serving
- 1 (16 oz.) loaf hawaiian bread, cut into 1-in. cubes and lightly toasted
- 3 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, lightly toasted
- 1/2 cup prepared caramel or salted caramel sauce
- 1/4 cup melted butter or margarine
- 5 egg(s)
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE® Pineapple Tidbits, drained
- 1 cup sugar
- Spray a 2 1/2 quart ovenproof baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large mixing bowl, toss toasted bread cubes with the melted butter; set aside.
- Lightly whisk eggs until well blended; add pineapple, sugar, buttermilk and cinnamon, blending well. Pour mixture over bread cubes stirring gently until well blended. Let sit 10 minutes.
- Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish. Bake at 350F for 50-60 min., or until top is brown and center jiggles a little.
- In small saucepan over low heat, stir the caramel sauce and pecans together until heated through.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with sauce spooned over top.