Calories per serving
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE® Pineapple Tidbits, drained, juice reserved
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon matcha powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Heat nonstick skillet over medium. Add pineapple and saute until fruit is caramelized and golden, about 7 minutes. Reduce heat to low and add maple syrup. Simmer for 5 minutes and remove from heat.
- Combine egg, milk, 1/4 cup reserved juice, and oil in a small bowl. Whisk to blend. Combine flour, sugar, matcha, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk to blend.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Stir with a whisk, removing any large lumps.
- Coat skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-low and pour 1/3 cup batter into pan. Cook until edges are dry and bubbles appear in the center, about 5 minutes. Flip and continue cooking for an additional 2 to 3 minutes or until cooked through.
- TIP: Use 3/4 cup whole wheat flour plus 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, if desired.