Mango Quinoa Salad
Quinoa is a grain that has more protein then any other grain.
Calories per serving
- 2 cups quinoa, uncooked
- 4 cups frozen DOLE® Mango Chunks, part thawed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups DOLE Seedless or Golden Raisins
- 1 cup DOLE Celery, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup DOLE Red Onion, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups sliced almonds, toasted
- Curry Mango Dressing (recipe below)
- Heat 1 quart of water to boil. Stir in quinoa and bring to a boil again. Cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 12 minutes or until quinoa absorbs almost all of the water. Fluff with fork and let stand for 15 minutes. Cool.
- Combine cooked quinoa, mango chunks, raisins, celery and red onion. Add almonds and curry mango dressing, tossing to blend, just before serving.
- Curry Mango Dressing: Puree 2 cups DOLE Frozen Mango Chunks, partially thawed, 1/2 cup low fat sour cream, 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar, 2 teaspoons curry powder, 2 teaspoons garlic salt and 1 teaspoon black pepper. Makes about 1 cup.