Mango Curry Quinoa Salad
A fruity salad with quinoa.
Calories per serving
- 2 cups quinoa, uncooked
- 2 cans (15.5 oz each) DOLE® Mango Slices, drained and cut in chunks
- 1-1/2 cups DOLE Seedless or Golden Raisins
- 1 cup DOLE Celery, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup DOLE Red Onion, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups sliced almonds, toasted
- Curry Mango Dressing (recipe below)
- Heat 1 quart water to boiling. Stir in quinoa and bring to a boil again. Cover; reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 12 minutes or until quinoa absorbs almost all of the water. Fluff with fork and let stand for 15 minutes. Cool.
- Combine cooked quinoa, 2 cans mango slices, raisins, celery and red onion. Add almonds and curry mango dressing, tossing to blend, just before serving.
- Curry Mango Dressing: Combine 1 can drained (15.5 oz.) DOLE Mango Slices, 1/2 cup low fat sour cream, 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar, 2 teaspoons curry powder, 2 teaspoons garlic salt and 1 teaspoon black pepper, in blender. Cover; blend until smooth. Makes about 1 cup.