Mandarin Plum Chicken Bites
Delicious appetizer of skewered pineapple, chicken and green bell pepper.
Calories per serving
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE® Pineapple Chunks, drained, juice reserved
- 2 cups MINUTE® White Rice, uncooked
- 1 cup KIKKOMAN® Plum Sauce
- 3 tbsp. KIKKOMAN Less Sodium Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 green bell peppers
- Cut chicken into 40 bite-size pieces. Measure 1/2 cup pineapple juice; reserve. Add enough water to remaining juice to measure 2 cups. Prepare rice according to package directions using juice-water mixture.
- Combine reserved 1/2 cup pineapple juice, plum sauce, soy sauce, garlic powder and ginger into small saucepan on medium-high heat. Stir in cornstarch, stirring constantly, until sauce begins to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes; remove from heat. Reserve 1/2 cup sauce for basting chicken after cooking.
- Cut bell peppers into 40 pieces. Skewer chicken, pineapple chunks and bell peppers on 40 small skewers. Baste chicken with sauce.
- Broil chicken 4 inches from heat about 5 minutes. turn and baste, cook 5 minutes longer, or until chicken is no longer pink. Baste again before serving with reserved sauce; serve with rice.