Mandarin Mousse Mold
This is a creamy citrus mold to serve as a salad or dessert.
Calories per serving
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 pkg. (8 serving size) orange flavor gelatin
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 can (11oz or 15 oz.) DOLE® Mandarin Oranges, drained
- 1 tub (8 oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- Stir boiling water into gelatin in large bowl 2 minutes until completely dissolved.
- Stir in cold water. Place mandarin oranges into 6-cup mold; spoon 2 cups gelatin mixture into mold over oranges. Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until set, but not firm (should stick to finger and mound).
- Meanwhile, refrigerate remaining gelatin mixture about 30 minutes or until slightly thickened (consistency of unbeaten egg whites). Stir in 2 cups of the whipped topping with wire whisk until smooth. Pour over gelatin layer in mold.
- Unmolding: Dip mold in warm water for about 15 seconds. Gently pull gelatin from around edges with moist fingers. Place moistened serving plate on top of mold. Invert mold and plate; holding mold and plate together, shake slightly to loosen. Gently remove mold and center gelatin on plate.