Mandarin Ginger Cream Tart
This festive holiday tart is sweet and delectable.
Calories per serving
- 1 can (11 or 15 oz.) DOLE® Mandarin Oranges, drained
- 2 cups (about 30 cookies) gingersnap cookie crumbs
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 box (4 servings) vanilla instant pudding
- 1-3/4 cups cold milk
- 3/4 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 tablespoon chopped candied ginger
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Drain mandarin oranges; reserve 12 slices. Chop remaining oranges; set aside. Break up gingersnap cookies in a food processor and process until finely ground.
- Combine gingersnap crumbs, brown sugar, and melted butter in bowl; combine well. Form crust in a 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Freeze 15 minutes; remove from the freezer, puncture bottom of the crust with a fork. Line bottom of tart with parchment or foil, fill with pie weights.
- Bake 15 minutes on baking sheet. Remove from oven; allow to cool completely on a wire rack
- Stir together pudding and milk until slightly thickened. Layer chopped mandarin oranges on bottom of tart shell; pour filling in tart shell. Cover; refrigerate 2 hours or until set. Remove from refrigerator at least 30 minutes before serving. Garnish with thawed whipped topping, reserved orange slices and chopped candied ginger.