Mandarin Chicken Burgers
Tangy twist on classic chicken burger.
Calories per serving
- 1 can (11 oz) DOLE® Mandarin Oranges
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 sesame seed hamburger buns, split
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced, divided
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger, divided
- 1/2 cup English cucumber, diced
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tbsp coarsely chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 1-1/4 lbs ground chicken or turkey
- 1-1/2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- Drain mandarin oranges. Reserve 3 tablespoons syrup. Combine mayonnaise, 1/4 cup mandarin oranges, 1 clove garlic and 1/2 teaspoon ginger in food processor container. Cover; blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Chop remaining mandarin oranges. Stir together oranges, cucumber, and 1/3 cup cilantro in medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Combine chicken, reserved syrup, Hoisin sauce, 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper with remaining garlic, ginger and cilantro until just mixed. Form mixture into 4 patties.
- Heat a heavy skillet over high heat. Place patties in skillet and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Turn burgers over and cook for another three minutes or until cooked through.
- Spread a generous amount of mandarin mayo on cut side of bottom bun; top with patty, mandarin salsa and bun top. Repeat with remaining patties.