Luau Tofu and Goat Cheese Quesadillas with Pineapple Mandarin Salsa
A fresh take on the classic Mexican dish.
Calories per serving
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in half, divided
- 1 can (20 oz) DOLE Pineapple Tidbits, drained
- 1 can (15 oz) DOLE Mandarin Oranges, drained
- juice from 1 lime
- 1 pkg (12 oz) firm tofu, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 6 flour tortillas (8-inch)
- 1 pkg (4 oz) goat cheese, crumbled
- Chop 1/2 of bell pepper into chunks. Stir together chopped bell pepper, pineapple tidbits, mandarin oranges, cilantro and lime juice in medium bowl. Reserve 1-1/2 cups and refrigerate the rest until ready to use.
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray and cook tofu on high heat until lightly browned. Remove from heat. Stir in barbecue sauce and 1-1/2 cups of reserved pineapple-mandarin salsa.
- Place equal amount of tofu mixture on half of each tortilla. Thinly slice remaining bell pepper half and place equal amounts on top of tofu mixture. Sprinkle with goat cheese and fold empty half of tortilla on top and spray both sides with cooking spray.
- Place tortillas in large skillet, cook on each side about 2 minutes or until browned; repeat with remaining tortillas. Keep warm, serve with pineapple-mandarin salsa and garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired.