Jewel of the Nile Chicken
A North African-inspired chicken dish.
Calories per serving
- 2 chicken breast halves, with skin and bone
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 lemon slices
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Greek seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mint
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 12 pitted green olives
- 8 pitted black olives
- 1/2 cup roasted red bell pepper,drained and cut in strips
- 1/2 cup DOLE® Golden Raisins
- 1 cup frozen DOLE Mango Chunks
- Pat the chicken dry. Cut three deep slits in the top of the breast, nearly touching the bone. Heat an oven-proof skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the butter to the skillet. Add the chicken, skin side down, and brown for about 3 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pan. Cut lemon slices in half and insert into the slits of chicken.
- Reduce heat to low and add broth and wine to skillet. Scrape up brown bits from skillet with a wooden spoon.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine Greek seasoning, cumin, paprika, dried mint, red chili flakes, lemon pepper, tarragon, and olive oil in a small bowl. Spoon mixture into the slits of the chicken and drizzle more on top. Return chicken back to skillet. Add the olives, peppers, raisins, and mango. Cover skillet with foil or a lid. Roast in oven for 40 minutes.