Icy Fruit Gazpacho with Spicy Grilled Shrimp
Chilled dish with grilled Creole seasoned shrimp
Calories per serving
- 2 cups vegetable juice blend
- 2 large tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (partially thawed and divided) frozen DOLE® Tropical Gold® Pineapple Chunks
- 1-1/2 cups (divided) frozen DOLE Mango Chunks, partially thawed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped mint leaves
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 pound (medium-large) raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons dry Creole seasoning
- mint sprigs (optional)
- Combine vegetable juice, tomatoes, 1 cup each pineapple and mango chunks, honey and chili garlic sauce in blender or food processor container. Cover; blend until smooth.
- Add remaining pineapple and mango chunks and mint; pulse 2 or 3 times just to chop fruit.
- Pour into large bowl; stir in orange juice; chill.
- Toss shrimp with Creole seasoning in large bowl to coat well. Grill over medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until pink, turning once.
- Serve chilled gazpacho in shallow bowls. Top with cooked shrimp. Garnish with mint, if desired.
- Variation: Cook shrimp in two batches, in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat in 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil.