Hawaiian Pork Sliders
Recipe courtesy of ESPN Zone at Downtown Disney.
Calories per serving
- 5 pounds cooked pork
- 15 grams liquid smoke
- 25 grams salt, divided
- 4 grams pepper
- 5 pounds shredded red cabbage
- 5 pounds shredded white cabbage
- 6 bunches fresh cilantro, chopped
- 750 grams canola oil
- 750 grams apple cider vinegar
- 100 grams Dijon mustard
- 8 grams ground allspice
- 1550 grams sugar, divided
- 300 grams butter
- 3000 grams diced onion
- 6000 grams DOLE® Crushed Pineapple, drained
- 1500 grams white balsamic vinegar
- 40 each Hawaiian slider rolls, split
- Steam pork for 20 minutes. Place pork in a stand mixer with liquid smoke, 15 grams salt, and pepper. With paddle attachment, mix until pork is broken up into small pieces.
- Combine red cabbage, white cabbage, and cilantro in a bowl.
- Combine oil, vinegar, mustard, allspice, 50 grams sugar, and 10 grams salt in blender. Blend until smooth. Pour dressing over cabbage and toss to coat.
- Saute onions in butter until translucent. Add in pineapple, 1500 grams sugar, and vinegar. Cook down until the mixture is thick.
- Assemble by placing pork on roll and top with cabbage and jam.