Hawaiian Chicken Sandwich
The sandwich combines grilled chicken with pineapple for a tasty sandwich.
Calories per serving
- 1 can (8 oz.) DOLE® Pineapple Slices
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 small boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup light prepared Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon (optional) ground red pepper
- 4 ciabatta rolls
- rings red or green bell pepper slices
- Drain pineapple; reserve juice.
- Combine reserved juice, oregano and garlic powder in medium bowl. Pour 1/4 cup into shallow non-metallic dish. Add chicken breasts to dish; turn to coat both sides with marinade. Cover; marinate 15 minutes in refrigerator.
- Add pineapple slices to bowl; turn to coat both sides.
- Grill or broil chicken, brushing occasionally with reserved marinade, 6 minutes turn over, add pineapple slices to grill continue cooking 6 to 8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center (165°F.) and pineapple is golden brown. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Combine dressing and red pepper. Spread on bottom halves of rolls. Top with chicken, bell pepper rings, pineapple slices and top halves of rolls.