Harvest Pineapple Chicken
A nutritious chicken dinner is what's on the menu for tonight!
Calories per serving
- 1 can (20 oz) DOLE® Pineapple Slices
- salt, to taste
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon granules
- 2/3 cup dried apricot halves, halved
- 1/3 cup DOLE Seedless Raisins
- 4 DOLE Green Onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice
- Drain pineapple, reserve juice.
- Salt chicken. Combine flour, chili powder, garlic powder and cinnamon. Toss chicken in flour mixture. In nonstick skillet, brown chicken well on both sides in oil.
- Dissolve bouillon and remaining flour mixture in reserved pineapple juice.
- Sprinkle apricots, raisins and green onions over chicken. Add pineapple juice mixture to skillet. Cook, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens. Cover, simmer 3 minutes longer.
- Arrange pineapple over chicken. Spoon sauce over pineapple. Cover, cook until pineapple is heated through. Spoon chicken and fruit over rice.