Grilled Thai Steak Sandwich
Thai inspired flavors on this Steak Sandwich.
Calories per serving
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE® Pineapple Slices
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 medium garlic clove(s), finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 to 1-1/4 pounds flank steak
- 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 5 French bread rolls, halved and lightly toasted
- 1 cup cucumber slices
- 1 cup fresh cilantro (optional)
- Drain pineapple slices; reserve 1/2 cup juice.
- Combine reserved juice, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and pepper in a large, shallow, non-metallic dish. Add steak, turning to coat all sides. Cover and marinate 15 minutes in refrigerator.
- Grill or broil steak, brushing occasionally with reserved marinade, 9 to 10 minutes on each side or until meat is desired doneness. Add pineapple slices the last 10 to 15 minutes of grilling, or until golden brown. Discard any remaining marinade. Cut steak into thin slices.
- Spread mayonnaise evenly over rolls. Evenly layer bottom halves of rolls with steak, cucumber, pineapple slice and cilantro. Place top halves over layer halves.