Grilled Pizza with Canadian Bacon and Charred Pineapple
A smoky grilled pizza.
Calories per serving
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE® Pineapple Tidbits, drained
- 1/2 cup green onions, thinly sliced diagonally, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- vegetable oil, as needed
- 8 oz. Canadian bacon, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 pound fresh pizza dough
- 1 to 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 2 cups coarsely grated Fontina cheese
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 teaspoon white balsamic vinegar
- Preheat gas grill with lid down to medium heat.
- Combine pineapple tidbits, 1/4 cup green onions, salt and pepper in small bowl. Place a double sheet of heavy duty foil on part of grill grate. Lightly brush foil with oil. Spread pineapple mixture on foil; grill, turning pineapple often until lightly charred. Remove foil and pineapple from grill, set aside.
- Meanwhile, brush small section of grill grate with oil. Cook Canadian bacon on both sides until grill marks appear. Remove slices and coarsely chop; set aside. Turn one burner to high and other burners to medium low.
- Divide pizza dough in half. On floured surface, roll and stretch each half to a 10 x 5-inch rectangle. Brush 1/2 tablespoon olive oil on one side of each crust; place oil-side down on grill plate and place over medium-low side of grill. Cook with lid down 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown on bottom, breaking up any large bubbles in crust, if necessary with tongs.
- Brush top of crusts with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil before turning crust to grill second side. Quickly top each crust with 1 cup cheese to 1/2-inch of edges. Top each with bacon and pineapple mixture. Cook with lid down 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown and crisp on bottom and cheese starts to melt.
- Meanwhile, toss together arugula, remaining 1/4 cup green onions, 1 teaspoon olive oil and balsamic vinegar in small bowl. Evenly divide arugula mixture over pizzas.