By browsing Dole website, you consent to the use of some of these cookies.
Performance, Social Media and Advertising
These cookies are used to improve how our Website works and to distinguish unique users by assigning a randomly generated number as a client identifier. They collect information about how users use our Website, for instance which pages are visited most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
Social Media and Advertising
Our websites allow third parties to download cookies to your device. Social media cookies offer the possibility to connect you to your social networks and share content from our website through social media. Advertising cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns. They remember that you have visited the Website and this information may be shared with other organizations, e.g. advertisers. Deselecting these cookies may result in seeing advertising that is not as relevant to you or you not being able to link effectively with social networks and/or not allowing you to share content on social media.
Social Media and Advertising
Grilled Pineapple Candied Shrimp Cocktails with Pineapple Jalapeno Dipping Sauce
2013 California Cook Off Runner Up
Calories per serving
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE® Crushed Pineapple, divided
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 1 lb. (13 to 15 count) raw shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails intact
- 2 medium jalapeno chili, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Combine 1/2 cup crushed pineapple and juice, 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard and brown sugar in small blender or food processor for basting sauce. Cover; blend until smooth. Transfer to shallow bowl; set aside.
- Brush grill with cooking oil. Blot shrimp with paper towel, removing any moisture. Baste one side of shrimp with pineapple basting sauce, then place on the grill sauce side down. Baste other side with sauce. Cook shrimp on grill about five minutes or until firm to the touch, basting the shrimp until sauce is gone; remove shrimp to a platter.
- Place remaining crushed pineapple, and Dijon mustard, lime juice and grated peel and chopped jalapenos in a small sauce pot. Place on side grill burner or grill rack over medium-high heat and bring to a simmer, stirring often. Cook for 5 minutes, remove from heat and allow to cool for 20 minutes. Stir in cilantro.
- Place a spoonful of the sauce into 4 to 5 small (4 oz.) jelly jars or similar size cup or martini glass. Arrange 3 to 4 shrimp on the rim of the jars or glasses with the tails on the outside; serve immediately.