Grilled Pineapple Candied Shrimp Cocktails with Pineapple Jalapeno Dipping Sauce
2013 California Cook Off Runner Up
Calories per serving
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE® Crushed Pineapple, divided
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 1 lb. (13 to 15 count) raw shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails intact
- juice and grated peel of 1 lime
- 2 medium jalapeno chili, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Combine 1/2 cup crushed pineapple and juice, 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard and brown sugar in small blender or food processor for basting sauce. Cover; blend until smooth. Transfer to shallow bowl; set aside.
- Brush grill with cooking oil. Blot shrimp with paper towel, removing any moisture. Baste one side of shrimp with pineapple basting sauce, then place on the grill sauce side down. Baste other side with sauce. Cook shrimp on grill about five minutes or until firm to the touch, basting the shrimp until sauce is gone; remove shrimp to a platter.
- Place remaining crushed pineapple, and Dijon mustard, lime juice and grated peel and chopped jalapenos in a small sauce pot. Place on side grill burner or grill rack over medium-high heat and bring to a simmer, stirring often. Cook for 5 minutes, remove from heat and allow to cool for 20 minutes. Stir in cilantro.
- Place a spoonful of the sauce into 4 to 5 small (4 oz.) jelly jars or similar size cup or martini glass. Arrange 3 to 4 shrimp on the rim of the jars or glasses with the tails on the outside; serve immediately.