Grilled Pineapple and Pesto Turkey Burgers
The addition of spinach in the patty makes this burger extra moist.
Calories per serving
- 6 cups spinach
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE Pineapple Slices, drained
- 10 kaiser or hamburger rolls, sliced
- 10 green leaf lettuce leaves
- 10 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- Process spinach in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Combine turkey, spinach, 1/4 cup pesto sauce, and olive oil in a large bowl. Gently mix until incorporated.
- Form mixture into 10 patties. Season patties with salt and pepper.
- Grill turkey until no longer pink inside. Add pineapple slices to grill the last 5 to 10 minutes and cook until golden brown.
- Toast buns on grill.
- Place lettuce on bottom half of each bun.
- Place burger on bun. Top with cheese, remaining 1/4 cup pesto sauce, and grilled pineapple slice. Place on bun top.