Grilled Fajita Sandwich
A delicious Latin-style beef fajita.
Calories per serving
- 3 cups DOLE Pineapple Juice
- 1-1/2 lb. red or yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 6 flour tortillas (9 to 10-in.)
- 2/3 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoon oregano leaves, crushed
- 2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 lb. beef skirt steak
- Stir together pineapple juice, cilantro, garlic, cumin, chili powder, paprika, oregano and red pepper in bowl or cup. Reserve 1-1/2 cups for marinade. Set aside remaining sauce.
- Pour 1-1/2 cups marinade into shallow, non-metallic dish. Add steak, turn to coat; cover and marinate one hour or overnight in refrigerator.
- Remove steak. Discard marinade. Broil or grill steak and onions 5 inches from heat source for 5 minutes on each side or until done.
- Combine reserved sauce and cornstarch, in small saucepan. Cook, heat to boiling and sauce slightly thickens.
- Slice steak into thin strips. Top tortillas with fajita sauce, steak, grilled onions and favorite toppings. Roll tortillas up and serve.