Gluten Free Pineapple Guacamole Bites
Roasted sweet potato bites topped with pineapple guacamole.
Calories per serving
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 4 (about 2 lbs.) sweet potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 1/4" thick slices
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE® Crushed Pineapple, drained
- 3 avocados, peeled, pitted
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Spray two baking sheets with cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl.
- Place sliced sweet potatoes in a large bowl and drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with spice mixture and toss until well coated.
- Spread sliced sweet potatoes in a single layer on the two baking sheets and roast 10 to 12 minutes. Flip sweet potatoes using a metal spatula and roast an additional 10 to 12 minutes, switching the baking sheets in the oven half way through cooking.
- Mash avocados in a medium bowl while potatoes are cooking. Stir in pineapple, tomatoes, onion, lime juice and remaining salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate.
- Top each sweet potato slice evenly with guacamole and cilantro.