Glazed Orange Rose Cake
This cake can be baked in this special rose cake pan for a fun presentation or in a regular bundt pan. Either way it is a great orange flavored cake that friends and family will enjoy!
Calories per serving
- 1 can (15 oz.) DOLE® Mandarin Oranges
- 1 box (2 layer) yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 orange, peel grated and juice reserved (optional)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray rose shaped bundt pan with cooking spray for baking with flour or flour and grease pan. Drain mandarin oranges; reserve juice.
- Combine cake mix, juice from can, eggs, oil, and orange peel in a large bowl; beat 2 minutes. Pour 1/3 batter in prepared pan; layer half of mandarin orange slices. Pour another 1/3 cake batter into pan; layer with remaining oranges. Pour remaining cake batter into pan.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 20 minutes. Remove from pan onto wire rack; cool completely.
- Combine juice from orange and powdered sugar in a small bowl; whisk until well blended. Gently brush glaze all over cake with pastry brush.
- *TIP: Cake can also be baked in mini bundt pans.