Fruity Chocolate Shortcake
If you love Strawberry Shortcake, you will love this twist.
Calories per serving
- 2-1/2 cups biscuit mix
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 3 cups frozen DOLE® Mango Chunks, partially thawed
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tub (8 oz.) thawed whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Stir together biscuit mix, granulated sugar and cocoa powder. Stir in milk and melted butter until mixture is well combined.
- Pour batter into two greased 8 or 9 inch round cake pans. Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean; cool 5 minutes. Carefully remove cake from pans; cool on racks.
- Place one shortcake layer on serving plate. Stir together mango and brown sugar. Spread half of the whipped topping over cake layer. Spoon a half of the fruit mixture over topping.
- Top with second cake layer. Repeat with remaining whipped topping and fruit. Serve, or refrigerate up to 1 hour before serving.