Sweet and savory blend of pineapple, onion, bell pepper and tomatoes to top light and delicate white fish.
Calories per serving
- 1 medium (1 cup) DOLE® Onion, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes with mild chiles or jalapenos
- 1 can (8 oz.) DOLE Crushed Pineapple, undrained
- 3/4 cup chicken broth, divided
- 1 pound red snapper or other white fish, cut in 4 pieces
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Hot cooked rice
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Cook onion, bell pepper and garlic with cumin in oil over medium-high heat in large nonstick skillet for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, pineapple and 1/2 cup broth; bring to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add fish filets; cover and cook 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily. Remove fish to serving platter; keep warm.
- Stir remaining 1/4 cup chicken broth into cornstarch. Stir into sauce in skillet and cook, stirring, just until thickened. Salt to taste. Spoon sauce over fish and cooked rice. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.