Fire And Ice Chili
Not for the faint of tongue. This chili packs heat and flavor.
Calories per serving
- 1 can (20 oz) DOLE® Pineapple Chunks
- 2 cans (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp hot red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 lbs lean boneless pork butt, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 1 can (4 oz) diced green chiles
- 1 large (1-1/2 cups) DOLE Onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded, chopped
- 2 garlic clove(s), finely chopped
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 4 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp finely chopped jalapeno chiles (optional)
- Drain pineapple chunks, reserve juice.
- Combine reserved juice, tomatoes in a medium bowl with tomato paste, green chiles, onion, bell pepper, garlic, chili powder, cumin, jalapeno chiles, salt, cayenne pepper and pepper flakes.
- Heat oil in Dutch oven or large saucepan. Brown meat on all sides in batches. (Don't overcrowd pot. Add just enough meat to cover bottom.)
- Spoon browned pork into bottom of crockpot; pour tomato mixture over pork. Cover; cook on Low 6 to 8 hours or High 3 to 4 hours or until pork is tender.
- Add pineapple chunks during last 30 minutes of cooking. Serve with green onions, cheese and sour cream, if desired.