Festive Fruit Trifle
A delicious fruit cake.
Calories per serving
- 1 pkg (8 serving size) instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups lowfat milk
- 1 tub (8 oz) fat free thawed whipped topping, divided
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves, divided
- 1 pkg (10 to 12 oz) prepared angel food cake
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 6 cups frozen DOLE® Mixed Fruit
- 1 tbsp sliced almonds, toasted
- Mix together pudding and milk until smooth. Stir in half of the whipped topping into pudding.
- Spread 2 tablespoons raspberry preserves on bottom and sides of an eight-cup glass bowl or trifle bowl.
- Slice cake into cubes. Layer cake cubes in bottom of bowl.
- Combine remaining preserves with lemon juice. Drizzle 2 tablespoons over cake. Spread on 1/3 pudding mixture and top with 1/3 fruit. Repeat process ending with fruit on top.
- Spoon whipped topping around edge of bowl. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.