Fabulous Carrot Cake
Delicious cake for any time of day!
Calories per serving
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened, divided
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 egg(s)
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE® Crushed Pineapple, drained
- 4 cups shredded DOLE Carrot(s)
- 1 cup DOLE Seedless Raisins
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Beat 1 cup butter and sugars until light and fluffy in large bowl. Beat in eggs. Fold in crushed pineapple, carrots, raisins and vanilla.
- Stir together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt in medium bowl. Gradually add to pineapple mixture and fold until well blended. Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool in pans 15 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on wire racks.
- Beat cream cheese with remaining 1/2 cup butter until smooth. Beat in powdered sugar, lemon peel and juice until smooth. Frost completely cooled cake. Garnish with additional crushed pineapple and grated carrots, if desired.
- NOTE: Cake can be baked in 13 x 9-inch pan. Bake as above 50 to 60 minutes. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour 2 (9-inch) round pans.