Calories per serving
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE® Pineapple Slices
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 10 maraschino cherries
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) yellow or pineapple-flavored cake mix
- Drain pineapple slices; reserve 3/4 cup juice.
- Stir together melted butter and brown sugar in 12-inch skillet with heat-proof handle. Arrange pineapple slices in sugar mixture. Place cherry in center of each pineapple slice.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions, replacing some of the water with reserved 3/4 cup juice that is needed to prepare the batter. Pour batter evenly over pineapple.
- Bake at 350 Fº, 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Loosen edges and invert onto serving platter.
- Note : Cake can be baked in 13 x 9-inch baking pan instead of skillet. Prepare and assemble cake as above except cut two pineapple slices in half and place whole slices along edges of pan and halved slices in center. Place cherries in center of slices. Bake and cool as above.