Easy Pineapple Citrus Layered Cake
Easy recipe for a layered pineapple citrus cake.
Calories per serving
- 1 (14 to 16 oz) frozen prepared pound cake, thawed
- 1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp grated orange peel
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 3/4 tsp almond or vanilla extract
- 1 can (20 oz) DOLE® Crushed Pineapple, drained
- sliced almonds, toasted (optional)
- Slice pound cake horizontally into thirds; set aside.
- Beat together cream cheese, sugar, orange peel, orange juice and almond extract in large bowl until smooth and blended. Stir in pineapple.
- Place bottom cake layer on serving platter, spread with 1/3 of pineapple mixture over cake. Repeat layers ending with pineapple mixture. Chill at least 1 hour or overnight before serving. Sprinkle with almonds, if desired.