Double Cut Pork Chop with Tart Cherry Gastrique
Recipe courtesy of Catal Restaurant at Downtown Disney.
Calories per serving
- 1 cup honey
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups sherry vinegar
- 2 cups, divided frozen DOLE® Dark Sweet Cherries, partially thawed
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Pedro Ximenez sherry vinegar
- salt, to taste
- 4 double cut pork chops
- Caramelize honey and sugar in a heavy bottom pot. Add 1 cup cherries and sherry vinegar; simmer until reduced by half. Season with the Pedro Ximenez vinegar and salt.
- Puree prepared gastrique in blender. Pour over remaining pitted cherries and cool over ice.
- Season thick cut pork chops with salt and cracked black pepper and grill to medium, approximately 15 minutes. Garnish with Gastrique and pieces of “macerated” cherries.