DOLEightful Tropical Berry Sticky Rice with Mango Passion Coulis
DOLE® Tropical Fruit, Strawberries and Blackberries will bring delight to any dessert.
Calories per serving
- 1-1/2 cups short-grain rice
- 2 cups water
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 can (13.5 oz.) coconut milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can (15.25 oz.) DOLE® Tropical Fruit
- 8 oz. DOLE Strawberries
- 2 kiwis
- 1 cup frozen DOLE Mango Chunks, partially thawed
- 6 oz. DOLE Blackberries
- Prepare the rice according to package directions with water and 1/2 teaspoon salt in medium saucepan over the grill burner. Drain fruit, reserving juice for mango sauce.
- Combine coconut milk, sugar, and remaining salt in heavy sauce pan. Bring to boil, stirring constantly; set aside and allow to cool. In a large bowl, combine cooked rice and 1-1/4 cups coconut sauce; toss with a fork until blended and set aside until sauce is absorbed, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Dice tropical fruit, strawberries and kiwis into 1/4-inch cubes. Combine in a small bowl; set aside.
- Add thawed mango chunks and 1 to 2 tablespoons reserved tropical fruit juice to blender. Cover; blend until smooth, adding more juice if necessary.
- Assemble sticky rice with an empty mandarin orange can or ring mold. Layer 1/3 cup sticky rice, pressing gently into the mold, then layer 1/4 cup diced fruit, and top with another 1/3 cup of rice in ring mold. Slowly remove the ring mold by sliding up the rice. Repeat this process 5 times, rinsing the ring mold after each time. Top molded rice stacks with remaining diced fruit and a blackberry in the center.
- Garnish plates with mango coulis and drizzle with remaining coconut sauce.