Dole Very Peachy Pie
Peach pie for any season
Calories per serving
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3-1/2 tablespoons minute tapioca
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups frozen DOLE® Sliced Peaches, thawed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 9 inch double crust pie
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Combine sugar, tapioca and salt in small bowl.
- Combine peaches, lemon juice, lemon peel and sugar mixture in large bowl; mix well.
- Roll out half of pastry and fit into pie pan. Roll out remaining pastry.
- Spoon peach mixture into pie pan. Dot with butter. Top with remaining pastry; trim, turn under and flute edges.
- Cut few slits in top. Brush lightly with milk and sprinkle with sugar, if desired.
- Lightly, cover edges with thin strips of aluminum foil. Bake at 425ºF., 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake 20 to 25 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack.