Dole Fruit Trifle
A crowd pleasing fruit trifle that is easy to make.
Calories per serving
- 2 cans (8 oz) DOLE® Crushed Pineapple
- 2 pkgs (3 oz. each) cook and serve vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups lowfat milk
- 1-1/2 cups DOLE Pineapple Juice
- 1 cup DOLE Seedless or Golden Raisins
- 1 tub (8 oz.) thawed whipped topping
- 1 (16 oz.) pound cake, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 jar (10 oz.) raspberry jam, melted
- 1 can (15.25 oz) DOLE Tropical Fruit, undrained
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- fresh raspberries (optional)
- Measure out 1/2 cup pineapple; drain. Set aside for garnish.
- Place pudding mix in large saucepan; stir in milk. Stir in pineapple juice. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to boil. Cool to room temperature.
- Set aside 1 tablespoon raisins for garnish. Stir remaining raisins and 3/4 of whipped topping into cooled pudding.
- Pour 1 cup pudding mixture into 3-quart glass bowl. Layer with half of cake, jam, remaining undrained pineapple, undrained tropical fruit and remaining pudding mixture. Repeat layers.
- Chill 20 minutes or overnight. Spoon remaining whipped topping over trifle. Garnish with reserved pineapple and raisins, almonds and raspberries, if desired.