Curried Rice with Pineapple
Curried rice with guest appearance by pineapple, delicious.
Calories per serving
- 1 can (8 oz) DOLE® Pineapple Chunks
- about 2/3 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1 grated lime peel
- 1 cup MINUTE® Brown Rice, uncooked
- 1/2 cup almonds, sliced and toasted
- 1 green onion, sliced
- Drain pineapple chunks, reserving juice. Add chicken broth to equal 1 cup liquid. Set aside.
- Saute curry powder and garlic in oil in medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring 2 to 3 minutes or until garlic is lightly browned.
- Add reserved pineapple juice mixture, pineapple chunks, brown sugar and lime peel; bring to boil. Stir in rice; cover and remove from heat. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Fluff with fork. Stir in sliced almonds and top with green onions.