Cranberry Pineapple Retro Side
A fruity and tart congealed salad of cranberries and pineapple.
Calories per serving
- 1 can (20 oz) DOLE® Crushed Pineapple
- 1 pkg (8-serving size) cranberry or cherry gelatin
- 1 pkg (12 oz) frozen DOLE Cranberries
- 3/4 cup DOLE Pineapple Juice
- 1/2 cup DOLE Celery stalks, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted (optional)
- 1 can (8 oz) DOLE Crushed Pineapple, drained (optional)
- fresh mint sprigs
- Drain 20 oz can crushed pineapple; reserve 2/3 cup juice. Heat reserved juice to boiling; stir in gelatin until dissolved.
- Combine cranberries, 3/4 cup pineapple juice in blender or food processor container. Cover; coarsely chop.
- Combine cranberry mixture, celery, walnuts and drained crushed pineapple with gelatin. Pour into 6-cup (1-1/2-quart) mold, 8"x 8" serving dish, or individual ramekins. Chill until firm. Unmold onto serving plate or serve directly from serving dish or ramekins. Garnish with 8-ounce can of drained, crushed pineapple and mint, if desired.