Cool Cantaloupe Soup
Former Dole associate and a long-time ambassador, Bonnie Lewis has inspired these fun, yet healthier kid friendly step by step recipes. An easy fruity soup that can be served in a dish or a cantaloupe bowl. Great for all family members.
Calories per serving
- 2 medium cantaloupe(s) cut in half and seeded
- 1 can (6 oz.) DOLE® Pineapple Juice
- 1 cup vanilla lowfat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- Mint sprigs for garnish
- With the help of an adult, use a sharp knife to cut a thin slice off the bottom of each cantaloupe half so that it sits flat.
- Remove fruit from each half, leaving about 1-inch of cantaloupe around the edges to create the cantaloupe “bowls”.
- Place removed pieces of cantaloupe in blender or food processor with pineapple juice, yogurt lime juice, and honey. Cover; blend until smooth. Add mint and blend briefly.
- Pour soup into “bowls”, garnish with fresh mint springs, and serve.