Classic Pear and Date Salad
A flavorful salad featuring dates, pear and cheese.
Calories per serving
- 1 pkg. (6 oz.) DOLE® Butter Bliss
- 1/2 cup chopped DOLE Whole Pitted Dates or DOLE Chopped Dates
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 medium medium DOLE Pear, quartered and cored
- 1/4 cup gorgonzola or blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Toss salad blend and dates in large bowl; set aside.
- Combine oil and vinegar in small bowl. Pour over salad; toss to evenly coat. Evenly divide salad onto 4 salad plates.
- Cut each pear quarter lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices. Fan sliced pear quarter over each salad. Sprinkle with cheese and nuts. Add salt and black pepper, to taste.
Tip: To toast pecans, bake at 350 F. 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.